- Changes to our Brazilian numbers
- Press Release: Calliflower launches service for China & India
- Connect Now – China & India!
- Welcome Gaboogie Customers!
- Press Release: iotum Announces Third Acquisition in Nine Months
- New Features for iotum’s Premium Calliflower Conferencing Service Include WebRTC-enabled Native SIP Client, Simplified Controls
- Calliflower Recipe- Makes 1, Serves 200
- Look Who’s Talking….And We Don’t Mean The Movie
- New Options for Setting Your Default Preferences
- Schedule Reminders
Calliflower’s focus on affordability, simplicity, and ease of use make it truly unique.
How to Avoid the Conference Call Security Nightmare
It’s the nightmare scenario – a competitor has been secretly listening in to your call, and now they know all the details of your plans. Sound far fetched? Not really. It happens more often than you might think, and it’s one of the very real downsides of a virtual meeting as compared to an in-person meeting. I know of one law firm that routinely has every participant hang up and re-dial into the conference call bridge when they become suspicious that there might be an unwanted participant on the line.
Conventional wisdom treats conference call security like web site security – make sure that unwanted attendees can’t get on the line by changing your moderator codes, doing roll calls for attendees, having participants announce themselves, changing the conference call dial-in number, and so on. But what if there was a better way?
Well, there is.
In-person meetings are more secure than on-the-phone meetings simply because of the fact that you can see who the person is that you’re meeting with. With conference call services that have a web dashboard – like Calliflower – you can do the same thing. You can see who it is that’s attending your call, by associating a name and a face with that person. Moreover, you have the option of sending out a unique new personal PIN code for each participant on each call. You don’t have to worry about less security conscious participants passing around confidential PIN codes, or re-using the PIN code from one week to the next. With Calliflower, security is automatic.
So next time you jump on a conference call, give yourself the peace of mind of knowing who’s on the call with you. Make your meeting a Calliflower meeting.
Don’t have a Calliflower account yet? Why not take it out for a test drive?
Try Calliflower FREE for 14 days.