- What Personal Information do we collect?
- Why do we collect your Personal Information?
- To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
- How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
- How do we protect your Personal Information?
- Privacy and our Website
- Further Information
For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual n. Personal Information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, or facsimile number. The types of Personal Information that iotum may collect about you includes your name, home address, telephone number, personal email address, billing and account information, calendar, contact databases, online presence, location and other information incidental to providing our services.
iotum collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to establish and manage customer relationships and provide notifications to you. This may include the sharing of Personal Information by and between iotum personnel and affiliated companies and partnerships for such purposes;
- to consider whether iotum should establish a commercial relationship including to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide iotum’s products and services;
- to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom iotum has a commercial relationship;
- to distribute information to individuals, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers
- to develop and manage our databases;
- to develop and manage iotum’s business and operations;
- to detect and protect iotum and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with iotum’s policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving iotum;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
From time to time, iotum may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, including an organization or individual retained by iotum to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- an organization or individual retained by iotum to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
- a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements; or
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of iotum, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
From time to time, iotum may disclose aggregated, non-Personal Information to third parties that reveals usage trends, demographics, and other service information. At no time do such disclosures reveal any Personal Information about an individual iotum customer.
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by iotum, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, iotum will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Chief Privacy Officer, using the contact information below.
To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, iotum employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. For instance, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. In addition, where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing, we include contractual provisions that require that all Personal Information be retained in a secure manner.
- Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to iotum as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
- E-Mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of iotum and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from iotum.
- Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than iotum, and iotum has no responsibility for such third party websites.
For information on iotum’s privacy practices, please contact the iotum Chief Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer